With the Exo Terra 100W Electronic ON/OFF Thermostat you can create a well controlled heating system that allows you to maintain the required temperature conditions similar to those found in a desert or tropical environment.
The Thermostat will also help to prevent overheating and undercooling during hot summer days or cold winter nights.
The electronic Triac switch keeps the temperature at the desired setpoint with a much higher accuracy compared to conventional thermostats and virtually eliminates temperature swings in the terrarium.
The Exo Terra Thermostat should be set according to the needs of the animals. Thoroughly research the preferred optimum temperature range (POTR) for your specific reptile, so you can create the correct temperature gradients inside the terrarium to allow your reptiles to thermoregulate.
The Red LED heat indicator will light up when the heating device is ON and will shut off once the desired temperature has been reached.
The recessed dial of the thermostat will prevent accidental temperature change if the device is being handled.
Accurately controls terrarium temperatures.
Controls heating devices up to 100W
From 18°C up to 38°C
Red LED will indicate when heating device is ON
Recessed dial to prevent accidental temperature change
Waterproof remote sensor
The recessed dial of the thermostat will prevent accidental temperature change if the device is being handled. The Thermostat comes with a 3.6 foot / 110cm power-cord with grounded plug & socket for increased safety and to allow the use of a power outlet strip. The waterproof remote sensor can be safely used in highly moist terrariums and aquatic environments.
CAN BE USED WITH
Simply connect your Heat Mat, Heat Cable or Ceramic Heater to the Exo Terra ON/OFF Thermostat, set the preferred temperature and place the heat sensor in the desired spot.
Day & Night Heating:
- Heat Mat (PT2015/16/17/18)
- Heat Cable (PT2011/12/13)
- Ceramic Heater (PT2044/45/46/47/48)
HOW TO INSTALL
INSTALLATION in Exo Terra Natural Terrariums
- Unlock the top screen cover and lift it off the terrarium.
- Slide one of the inlet holes (located on the back of the screen top on either side) to the open position, so the wiring will fit through.
- Feed the wire with sensor through the first available inlet hole on the preferred side on the back of the terrarium.
- Position the sensor inside your terrarium, in the location where you want to reach the temperature set on the dial. This can be on top of the substrate if you are using a Heat Mat or Heat Cable, but this can also be on a branch, cave or pile of stones if you are using a Ceramic Heater to heat up a certain basking area.
- Place the top screen cover back on the terrarium and lock it into position.
- Close the remaining inlets by sliding the slider against the tubing or wires to prevent escape from feeding insects and smaller animals.
- Place the Exo Terra Thermostat on a solid, level surface.
- Connect your heating device (Heat Mat, Heat Cable, Ceramic Heater, etc.) to the socket of the thermostat. Controls heating devices up to 100W.
WARNING: Do not overload the Exo Terra Thermostat by connecting heat devices with outputs greater than 100W. Damage from overloading is considered misuse and is exempt from the guarantee.
Always use a thermometer to monitor the inside temperatures of your terrarium. Adjust the Exo Terra® thermostat according to the required temperature range for your pet’s environment.
To set the preferred temperature: turn the temperature dial on the backside of the thermostat, using a flathead screwdriver or other tool. A red LED will light up, to indicate that the Thermostat is powering the connected heating device, until the set temperature has been reached on the location of the sensor.
1. Red LED lights up: heating device is powered
2. Red LED turned off: heating device is no longer powered, set temperature has been reached
WARNING: Always read the complete instruction manual inside the product box.