Exo Terra Thermostats are accurate, reliable and easy-to-use.
With the Exo Terra Thermostat & Hygrostat with Day/Night timer you can create a well-controlled heating/ humidifying system that allows you to maintain the required temperature and humidity conditions similar to those found in desert and tropical environments.
The day- and night temperature and humidity can be set individually. For instance; the temperature can be set lower for the night, while the humidity can be set higher, just as it would occur in nature.
The Thermostat & Hygrostat will also help to prevent overheating and undercooling during hot summer days or cold winter nights, while keeping the humidity at the desired level.
The Dimming function keeps the temperature at the desired set-point with a much higher accuracy than conventional thermostats and virtually eliminates temperature swings in the terrarium.
Always use a Thermometer to monitor the temperature inside your terrarium. Adjust the Exo Terra Thermostat according to the required temperature range for your pet’s environment.
The Exo Terra Thermostat & Hygrostat should be set according to the needs of the animals. Thoroughly research the preferred optimum temperature (POTR) and humidity range for your specific reptile, so you can create the correct temperature gradients and humidity inside the terrarium to allow your reptiles to thermoregulate and maintain their moisture levels.
The easy-to-read LCD screen shows heating mode, day or night mode and actual temperature and humidity.
A Red LED will indicate when the heating device is powered and once the set temperature is reached, the Red LED will no longer show.
A Blue LED will indicate when the humidifying device is powered and once the set humidity level is reached, the Blue LED will no longer show.
The thermostat is accurate, reliable and easy-to-use!
Dimming function controls terrarium temperatures very accurately
100W Hygrostat to control optimum humidity levels
Controls heating devices up to 600W
Daytime and night-time temperature and humidity can be set individually
From 50°F up to 140°F and up to 99% RH
Remote temperature and humidity probe
Push button/dial system to avoid accidental setting or tampering
Blue LED will indicate when humidifying device is powered
Red LED will indicate when heating device is powered
Easy-to-read LCD screen shows actual temperature and humidity
The Thermostat comes with a power cord with grounded plug & receptacle for increased safety and to allow the use of a power outlet strip.
The remote sensor can be safely used in highly moist terrariums.
CAN BE USED WITH
Simply connect your Heat Mat, Heat Cable or Ceramic Heater and a Fogger or Humidifier to the Exo Terra Thermostat & Hygrostat.
Set the preferred temperature & humidity and place the heat and humidity sensor in the desired spot.
NOTE: In combination with a non-visible light emitting heat source (like Exo Terra’s Heat Mat, Heat Cable, Ceramic Heater, Infrared Basking Spot or Night Heat Lamp), the Exo Terra Thermostat & Hygrostat allows you to create a well-controlled 24-hour heating system that will not interrupt your animal’s normal activity cycle, while maintaining the required temperature and humidity conditions similar to those found in their natural environment.
NOTE: When using the Exo Terra Thermostat & Hygrostat in combination with a visible-light emitting bulb (like Exo Terra’s Intense Basking Spot, Daylight Basking Spot or Daytime Heat Lamp) to create a daytime basking area or for ambient daytime heating purposes, you need to set the night-time temperature at its lowest point (10°C or 50°F) in order to avoid the bulb to emit light at night disturbing your animal’s normal activity cycle.
Day & Night Heating:
- Heat Mat (PT2015/16/17/18)
- Heat Cable (PT2011/12/13)
- Ceramic Heater (PT2044/45/46/47/48)
- Infrared Basking Spot (PT2141/42/44/46)
- Night Heat Lamp (PT2120/22/24/26/30 & PT2058/59)
Day Time Heating:
- Daytime Heat Lamp (PT2100/02/04/10/11/12/14)
- Daylight Basking Spot (PT2195/31/32/33/34)
- Intense Basking Spot (PT2196/35/36/38/40)
- Fogger (PT2080)
- Humidifier (PT2081)
HOW TO INSTALL
INSTALLATION in Exo Terra Natural Terrariums
Follow this installation procedure to install the Exo Terra Thermostat & Hygrostat on any size of Exo Terra Natural Terrarium:
- Unlock the top screen cover and lift it off the terrarium.
- Slide one of the inlet holes (located on the back of the screen top on either side) to the open position, so the wiring will fit through.
- Feed the wire with sensor through the first available inlet hole on the preferred side on the back of the screen cover.
- Position the sensor inside your terrarium, in the location where you want to reach the temperature & humidity setting. This can be on top of the substrate if you are using a Heat Mat or Heat Cable, but this can also be on a branch, cave or pile of stones if you are using a Ceramic Heater or Infrared bulb to heat up a certain basking area. NOTE: If using with a substrate heating device, please follow manufacturer’s instructions for safe use of the heating device.
- Place the top screen cover back on the terrarium and lock it into position.
- Close the remaining inlets by sliding the slider against the tubing or wires to prevent escape from feeding insects and smaller animals.
- Place the Exo Terra® Thermostat & Hygrostat on a solid, level surface.
- Connect your Heat Mat, Heat Cable or Ceramic Heater and a Fogger or Humidifier to the respective receptacle of the thermostat / Hygrostat. Controls heating devices up to 600W and humidifying devices up to 100W.
WARNING: Do not overload the Exo Terra® Thermostat & Hygrostat by connecting heat devices with outputs greater than 600W to the HEATING receptacle. Do not overload the Exo Terra® Thermostat & Hygrostat by connecting humidifying devices with outputs greater than 100W to the HUMIDITY receptacle. Damage from overloading is considered misuse and is exempt from the guarantee.
WARNING: Always read the complete instruction manual inside the product box.